Friday, February 27, 2015

Blog Post 6



In the article, “TV Star’s Plastic-Surgery Disaster Tests Brazil” published by Time Magazine, the author who is anonymous talks about how a famous TV star named Urach was put into the hospital because of a mess up during her surgery and she is now debating whether or not getting plastic surgery is a risk or not for Brazilian women. At first, Urach was a single mom as a teenager and then she got plastic surgery and somehow became a famous TV star. After being hospitalized for two months, she went back on TV. The wounds from her surgery were so bad, that the people watching her could see the blood soak through her clothes. She said to them that ““I hope that these wounds at least serve as a warning to other woman.”” Brazil’s way of doing things has caused women to think that getting plastic surgery is not a bad thing, but in reality it can be very dangerous. One of the reasons why it can be dangerous is because they only have five thousand five hundred professional plastic surgeons. Another twelve thousand doctors are not even professionally trained to be doing those things. You can get infections from getting plastic surgery and one of the problems Brazil has is that most of the people only hear about the good things about getting plastic surgery and nobody talks about the downside to it or the bad things.


I wasn’t surprised at all when I saw that some of these people in Brazil have accidents during their procedures because I knew that plastic surgery is dangerous and it can even make a person look less attractive. What did surprise me though is the number of unauthorized doctors. I was thinking to myself how they weren’t getting arrested? I guess the people who want plastic surgery really don’t care who they get it from. They just want to show their status and say they got it to their friends. I agree with what the author was saying. I think people should be cautious about plastic surgery and they should know that there are side effects and problems that could end up messing you up and you have to deal with those problems for a long time. Overall, I thought this article was good. I wasn’t confused by anything.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with your statement about how Brazil has so many unlicensed doctors preforming on these people. I see why people die from these surgery's. They shouldn't let people or trust people that don't have the proper education to perform these surgery's. The people in Brazil shouldn't look at celebrities and think they have to look just like them to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your statement about how Brazil has so many unlicensed doctors preforming on these people. I see why people die from these surgery's. They shouldn't let people or trust people that don't have the proper education to perform these surgery's. The people in Brazil shouldn't look at celebrities and think they have to look just like them to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this same article and i thought how it was strange after having surgery that blood could soak right threw her clothing. I also thought if you look fine the way you are why do you need to change the way you look. The fact that about 12,000 doctors arnt trained in surgery your looking at what could happen to you if they screw up which is big to if they made small changes and your paying alot. I would rather see a actual doctor and make sure he or she is not fake or you should sue.

    ReplyDelete