Saturday, April 11, 2015

Blog Post 9

In his article, “Watching Sony Slide” published from New York Times, author John Divorak explains why the company Sony has no idea what they are doing and if their new boss can’t fix what is happening to the company, it will be the end of Sony. Sony’s CEO is named Kazuo Hirari. He wants to help Sony put their name out as the best TV making company. This company is very strange. They make anything from cameras, laptop computers, phones, music, and even their own video game business. The video game business is keeping Sony going because that is their most successful business.  John Divorak says that it’s so bad that the company “Apple could buy Sony five times over with what it has in the bank.” The corporate culture at Sony is to blame because they keep making things that are more faced towards older media.  The only way Sony can figure out how to not run out of business is that Hirari needs to find a way to pick what business Sony is actually going to be. They can’t make everything.



I also think that Sony needs to focus on fewer things. Their CEO said that they wanted to have really good TV’s so they should focus on that and their video game business because the video games are their most popular business. The other things like cameras, laptops, phones and whatever else they have should all go away because they are losing money. I personally like Sony. I have a PS4 and I think it’s really cool. I don’t want Sony to run out of business and I know a lot of people who would agree with me. Something that shocked me is that Apple could buy out Sony five times over. Something I didn’t know was that Sony had so much stuff and like it said in the article, it’s bad to have too many different things to sell. I always thought that Sony was really rich. I never thought that they could go out of business.

2 comments:

  1. I agree i never knew sony was doing so bad. I figured since they sold alot of stuff they would be alright but now i know that is not the case. They should focus on Big things like video games because at least half of the world play them from the US to England, France, China, Australia, Chile. I would know because im a video gamer myself and what is the most popular make it even bigger that will blow peoples minds. Like make a sony car or a sony airplane that should get them out of that hole.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also never knew sony was doing so bad. I agree with the article that they need to focus on the newer generation stuff and let go of all the older things. It doesn't shock me that apple could buy them for 5 times over what they have. Before we know it everything will be run by apple as big as they are becoming. I think sony needs to focus on getting themselves back on track or they are going to loose alot of business.

    ReplyDelete